Hi everyone, as a makeup artist and an aesthetician, I believe the skin is as important as the makeup itself , if not more. Every time I do makeup for people, models and clients, I always talk to them about the importance of skin care routine and how to care for their skin. Now I want to talk about the skin, the skin covers our whole body with all the organs in it, this makes it the largest and the only visible organ of the body. Before you can take proper care of your skin, you need to know your skin type, so you can give it the appropriate care it needs.
Here are some tips for finding out your skin type:
- Wash your face and pat dry, do not apply toner or moisturizer.
- Leave for about 20 – 30 minutes, so the skin can get back to its natural state.
- Now, do a “stripe test”: take a piece of blotting paper and press on your fore head, nose, cheeks and chin.
- If the paper comes out translucent with oil patches you have oily skin and probably prone to breakouts. In extreme cases, this usually results in a bad acne problem due to clogged pores.
- If you have dry skin, your face feels tight generally and then it feels like it’s about to rack when you smile. Even without the stripe test, you can easily tell you have are dry skin from the description above.
- If you have combination skin, this means that some areas of your face are oily and the other areas are dry. The areas most likely to be oily are the fore head, nose and chin, which is usually referred to as the T-Zone.
- Normal skin type is clearly the most preferred skin type, because the skin has the right amount of oil evenly distributed all over the face, and there is no breakout at all. Normal skin is clear, supple and beautiful when properly taken care of.
Bear in mind that having oily, dry and combination skin types does not prevent you from having the clear, supple, glowing beautiful skin you have always wanted.
Next time, I will be talking about how to take care of all the different types of skin.
Beautiful You. Truly You.